Your ski event registration includes:
|Ski Events||November 2020||December 2020||January 2021|
|55 km with pack Torskeklubben Birkebeiner SOLD OUT||$100||$110||$120|
|55 km Birkie Lite SOLD OUT||$100||$110||$120|
|31 km Imperial Oil Birkie Tour SOLD OUT||$90||$100||$110|
|13 km Global Edmonton Mini Birkie SOLD OUT||$45||$50||$55|
Note: There is a processing fee for registration. It includes a $2.00 Zone4 Registration System fee, and a 3% credit card fee.
Refunds and insurance
Registration carried forward to the next year, if event cancelled due to COVID-19.
Participants who purchased Secure your Spot Insurance at time of registration will have their registration carried forward to the next year, if event is cancelled due to weather or ski conditions.
Birkie registration cut off dates are at the end of each month:
- There are a maximum number of participants allowed per day.
- November 30 at 24:00 Midnight: First cut-off
- December 31 at 24:00 Midnight: Second cut-off
- January 31 at 24:00 Midnight: FINAL cut-off
The Canadian Birkebeiner Ski Festival takes place in a remote provincial park. Our organization provides substantial signage, patrols, food stations, volunteers and medical staff to ensure to keep skiers on track. Safety for our volunteers, spectators and skiers is our number one priority. As such age limits are part of our critical effort to ensure everyone stays out of harms way and gets home safely. See details of age limits for all events here.
Due to strict cap limits on participants, there will be no event changes available this year.
The Birkie follows local COVID-19 guidelines; and as such, they capped the total number of skiers registered for the Birkie at 640. Here are the considerations behind this decision. Capping allows the Birkie to:
- Limit 100 people on-site with 80 skiers and 20 volunteers at each Cooking Lake Blackfoot Provincial Recreation Area staging area
- Host a total of 640 skiers per event over the four days: 240 skiers for the 31 km event + 240 skiers for the 55 km events + 160 km for the 13 km event
- Welcome 80 participants at Islet Lake Staging Area to ski the 55 km ski events on Feb 12, 13 and 14, 2021
- Greet 80 participants at Waskahegan Staging Area to ski the 31 km ski events on Feb 12, 13 and 14, 2021
- Expect 160 participants for the 13 km at Waskahegan Staging Area on February 15, 2021: 80 in the morning and 80 in the afternoon
- Have room for 80% of our estimated Alberta-based registrants: 83% of our usual amount of 55 km skiers; 73% of our 31 km skiers; and 67% of our 13 km skiers
- Respect the loyalty of early registrants as their support helps us plan a better Birkie
If COVID-19 regulations and protocols change and we can accommodate more than 100 people on site at a given time, it may be possible to increase this registration cap at a future date.