Selecting my Virtual Distance
Do I have to complete the whole distance in one day?
- The in-person Canadian Birkie Ski Event skiers complete the registered distance in one day. The Virtual Birkie mirrors the original Birkie as much as possible and as such the same rules apply.
What do I do if I don’t complete the whole distance that I registered for?
- Upload the time and distance you did complete. For example, if you registered for 31k and only did 27 km, upload 27 km and your time.
Registering a Virtual Group
What do I enter for the number of kilometres I will ski for my team under the Most Kilometres Group section?
- Enter only the distance that you are signed up for.
What is the minimum number of people per team for the Most KM Group?
- One person
Getting a Discount
How do I apply the promo code if I want to register four people?
- When you register four people in one registration session, you will see a promo code pop up on the registration form you are filling in. Type this code in the section Promo Codes on your registration form
How can I apply the promo code two times if I want to register as a group of eight people?
- Our software Zone4, only accepts one promo code. You need to register your group in two registration sessions of four people. You can use the same team name for your group in each session.
How do I apply the promo code if I want to register for four distances or days?
- When you register for four distances or days in one registration session, you will see a promo code on the registration form you are filling in. Type this code in the section Promo Codes on the registration form
How do I apply the promo code if I want to register for eight distances or days?
- Because our software Zone4 only accepts one promo code per registration, you will need to fill in two separate registration forms. In this instance, to purchase eight registrations, you would register four distances or days in two registration sessions.
Uploading Virtual Results
What application or device do I use to upload my results?
- Our software Zone4 recognises most applications and devices that track distances. Please check with your application or device manual or instruction on how to upload your results.
What if my application or device doesn’t allow uploading?
- Make a screenshot of your result and upload the screenshot. Submit your time/distance manually. Please check your device manual to find out how to make a screenshot.
What if my application or device stopped while I was completing the distance?
- We are so sorry this happened to you. Please submit an estimate of your times and the distance you completed.
Entering the Virtual Contests
What is the deadline to post/send my picture for the contest?
- You can post or send your picture in until Monday, February 22, 2021 at 9 a.m.
How can I upload or post my picture for the contest?
- You can post/upload your picture four different ways. Only upload/post your picture once. Please make sure you follow the instructions carefully so we find your picture submission:
Instagram: Tag @canadianbirkie and use hashtags #VirtualBirkie #GoTheDistance #CdnBirkie.
Twitter: Mention @canadianbirkie and use hashtags #VirtualBirkie #CdnBirkie #GoTheDistance. If you did not submit your Instagram name with registration.
Facebook: Become a member of the Virtual Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2770410329847982 and use hashtags #VirtualBirkie #CdnBirkie #GotheDistance.
Email: Send your picture to email@example.com Mention your first and last name, bib number and the completed distance in the email.
What if my phone or camera battery died on me and I could not take a picture? Can I still participate in the contest?
- We are sorry; you can only participate in this contest by posting or emailing a picture.